Sunday, March 28, 2010

Okay then....

Hmph. I just spent twenty minutes (maybe more) pulling up a bunch of those little cartoon things that I was going to post, but I absolutely cannot figure out how to post multiple photos. So there's one. I thought it was funny.

But I have to post something. I think my problem is that I posted pretty much everything I hand in mind to post within the first month or so, then, when nothing else magically got written, I kind of....had other things to do. Yeah. We'll go with that.

Right. Anyways. I believe this shall be my first random post. I need to get it into my head that eveything that goes up here doesn't have to be something I've slaved over writing for hours. It's my spot, my little corner of the world wide web, and I can do what I please. To a certain extent, anyway. :-P

So, there are a few things I have been thinking about these past coupl'a days. First, a very dear friend and her family, whom I have not seen (those one or two times we did video chat does not count by the way) in over a year will be coming back to the area for a couple of months! I'm so excited! Granted, the reason they are coming back is not the most desirable thing in the world, but it's what happened, so there is nothing to be done except to take care of it. Don't worry, guys, I'll help in any way I can! We all will! [ ;) ]
Second, my OYAN novel, Escape into Darkness, is well under way. At least, it's progressing. Maybe not very well, but it is. Chapters one and two down, three is almost there. Oh, boy, is editing going to be needed. It's currently almost 17,000 words, 80 double spaced pages. I'm shooting for a word count of 50,000 at least by the novel's end. Of course, it isn't the word count that matters, it's the story itself. But still....
Third, I've been reading a book by Leslie Ludy, called Set-Apart Femininity. It is an amazing book. I'm about halfway through, and it's really made me think about some things, like how important it is to truly surrender your entire life to Jesus Christ, and thhe wonderful joy that a life immersed in Him brings. I recommend it all around. Maybe a full review will show up when I'm finished with it.
So, will that be sufficient? Hopefully I can get back into this, but I'm not going to make any more promises about how often. ;)

1 comment:

HolyPure said...

I've been wanting to read that book for awhile. One of these days. After Starlighter, of course. ;)